Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Why I Couldn't Write a Blog Post and Don't Look Into the Laser

I can't believe that it's been a week since my last post! On Friday morning, we left for my parents house and didn't get back home until late Sunday night - and I am blaming Mama for putting us all into a food coma, which left me unable to write any posts until just now. 
In all seriousness, when going to their house, it is always a day long feast of all the greatest foods on the planet. We never leave that place without feeling stuffed for days.

Before we left on Friday, I squeezed in another trip to the gym. My leg is not cooperative yet and I am getting really doubtful about running in September. Lets not talk about how devastated I am about this and focus on the gym being a life saver. 

Don't let this picture fool you.
That place was packed!
I am flying to the US mid September and I have no idea what I will do for the weeks I'm there without being able to run and not having a gym close by. Here in Berlin, I can just get on my crutches and be there within 2 minutes of walking - over there in Baltimore, this is not possible.



Another regular appointment on my weekly schedule now is an acupuncture-laser-show. 
As some of you know, I had another appointment with orthopedic doctor last week. Sadly, she prescribed another 20 days of shots and three weeks of crutching. I don't know which of the two is worse, getting shots into my stomach or having to use crutches. I am so done not being able to use my arms at all.

Source


It leaves me feeling useless and frustrated and the longer it takes, the worse I get about using those darn crutches. Poor me. I know!


Source

Anyhow, I am now getting needles stuck into my leg every other day and then they put a laser right above my knee. 


I have no idea how exactly this is healing a broken bone, but it hurts a whole lot more during the treatment - so it must be doing something, right?!

Oh, ja and don't look into the laser! They put those black-out glasses on my eyes (I shot the photo blindly, hence the weird angle) for the duration of this laser-shower. 



Speaking of things that burn your eyes out: 
Let us all pause here and be thankful that we are not Miley Cyrus. Lets be very thankful. 

Happy Tuesday!

Have you ever been on crutches? How much did you hate it? 

Have you ever had ice cream and poured eggnog (with 20% alcohol) over it? 

Did you watch the VMAs?

Do you have any experience with acupuncture? Did it help you?






No comments:

Post a Comment