Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Lessons in Patience

I am not a patient person. It's probably more correct to say that it depends on the situation. I don't mind waiting for another person, but if there is technology involved and things I have to do (deadlines, I have to keep or papers, I have to work on etc.), I get frustrated quite easily.

You all know about my plans to go to the library today and get some work done. All went well until I decided to look up books really quickly, so that I can just walk in, grab them, and start reading.

Well, the unthinkable happened. The website is down. As simple as that. I can't look up a single book. My backpack is packed, I have my shoes on, I even made lunch to take with me - and the website just won't work. I have been reloading the page like my life is depending on it (well, it kind of is), but nothing is showing up. Of course, if it's not working here, it's not working there either.

I called the library and they told me that it has been down for hours, due to a cable fire. Everything is down and it is unclear when it will be up and running again.

Of course, before I left for the U.S., I took every single book I need to work with back to the library to avoid late fees. To say that I want to congratulate myself on this precautions action would be a lie.

Hitting my forehead repeatedly onto the keyboard of my laptop seems very tempting right now.




No comments:

Post a Comment