Friday, November 1, 2013

This Thing I Started

I haven't told you yet, but I guess it's time to come out of the hiding... so here it goes.

Hi everyone, my name is Stina and I started to crochet.



Remember when Mama came up to visit me and help me survive those last days that Nick was out of town? Yea, that's when it started.

She gifted me with a crochet hook and pretty brown/grey yarn and so it began. This was less than a week ago and we made a hairband together, which we finished before she left. Since then (over the past 5 days), I have made myself a hat and last night, I made a few flowers, and I have already started with another hat.




The first hat of many more to come.

I don't even know who I am anymore. I shouldn't be handling needles, yarn, hooks, or anything I could injure myself with.




But I guess since I'm not running, why not do something else? Of course, making things out of wool is the first thing that comes to mind, because you can drink wine while doing that. You can't (and really shouldn't!) drink wine while running.

Nick and I had some discussions whether or not I am turning into the crazy aunt that everyone knows and who crochets everything (wallets, purses, bags, shoes, pants, footie pajamas ...).

Yes, this is what it looks like inside my head now.
Source


I cannot make any promises, but I think we are save, because my creations aren't pretty. They are full of knots and holes. (Hence the blurry pictures to trick you into thinking its not as bad.) You can't be a crazy crochet aunt if you make hats that look like they have been violated by moths, or cats with long claws. Or can you?

Anyways, Nick and Lucy have no choice but appreciate what I am making for them and have to wear it - every day.

In other news, do you have a winter coat? If yes, please share how you like it and please add that you looked for it for at least 3 months - just to make me feel better. Thank you.


How was your Halloween? sadly unspectacular. No costumes. No candy. No trick-or-treating.

Can you knit or crochet? 

What's for dinner tonight? Döner/ Lamachun!




No comments:

Post a Comment