Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Magical Moment(s) and Not So Magical Run

Hello, hello!

I just "finished up work" for the day (which means, I just stopped working) and had the choice of writing Christmas cards, or writing a blog post before it's time to go to bed.
Well, aren't you happy now that your card will probably be late, because I obviously chose the second option?!

Today was an exceptionally great day. Not only did I finish the one sentence I had been fighting with over the past two days, I also added 4 more sentences to my paper! Baby steps here, baby steps.

Source

In addition to this, I got to talk to my bff on the phone! This is incredibly awesome, because life in Berlin is just sad without our daily regular coffee-dates that we used to have in Baltimore. So getting to catch up on the phone was fantastic!

We had a lot of important stories business to discuss!
Source


Another magical moment was created today, when Nick and I took Lucy to the dog park and we almost froze to death. I am definitely not exaggerating when I tell you that every time I exhaled, little snow flakes formed right away and fell on the ground.

- Yes, when I was looking through gifs, I realized, this does prove I am a Superhero.

Source


The cold weather was one of the reasons I decided to go for another extra careful run on the treadmill this morning. I ran a couple of miles on Sunday and the leg has been okay.
Unfortunately, my gym does not only have the smallest treadmills, but also no apparent ventilation system. This turned my little running adventure into something I have not even experienced in the Baltimore heat. Imagine about 14 people in bulk, on treadmills, next to each other, every window closed, no fans, and, I'm not 100% positive on this, but it felt like there was heating on when I first walked in. Even without heat, the air was so warm and stuffy that after .5 miles, I was ready to empty my stomach on the (very small) dashboard. It was miserable. But what do you do once you started? You just keep going, right?!
That's what I did, at least. Until people gave me worried looks and I felt as if my face was turning purple from overheating.

Source


On the bright side, the knee lasted through 30 minutes of running. I may never run there again, but it's good to know that if I ever want to come close to a heat stroke, that's where I should go. Instead, I will try to run outside and conquer the cold, or at least not freeze to death. I'll keep you posted how that goes.

Do you prefer to run inside during the winter?

What is your favorite temperature for a run?

How often do you get to talk to your bff?


No comments:

Post a Comment