Friday, March 28, 2014

Tapering

I'm tapering.

It's difficult.

For me, as for many other people I know, moving one foot in front of the other on a regular basis is a form of dealing with stress, finding relaxation, clearing thoughts... Because it's time to rest my muscles for Sunday, there is barely any running this week. Not sure if recovery is the only outcome. I think by the time my feet hit the pavement, I will have a long list of things to think about.

Lies. Probably.
Source.

Nick and I are in the middle of planning our move back to Baltimore. If you have ever lived in Germany, you know that canceling your contracts in time is key - otherwise, you are stuck with paying for another 12 months. (We have had our share of experiencing terrible contracts and have been paying an entire year for a phone/ internet account that we have never used or have a router for, but lets not go there right now.)

Yes - and it will always be.
Source.

In addition to this, we have to take care of everything in Baltimore and have to haul everything across the ocean. Including Lucy. (If anyone has tips on bringing a dog back to the US, let me know.) This alone is a full time job. At the same time, I am applying for grants, have to prepare a talk, and am working towards my dissertation.

Source.

That's why now, on the 4th day of tapering week, I know that it actually means: getting eager to work (things) out again. Yes... lets call it "eager".

Source.

At least, this is what I'm saying now. Ask me again when I have to get up in the middle of the night (at least, 5hrs earlier than usual) to get on a packed train and then wait in line, in the cold, for 2 hrs.

Source.

No comments:

Post a Comment